300g Caster Sugar
100g Plain Flour
100g Self-Raising Flour
4 Free-Range Eggs
300g Dark Chocolate
3 Fresh Red Chillies
For the Topping:
200g Dark Chocolate
200ml Double Cream
1) Heat your fan oven to 140°C
2) Grease a 20cm cake tin with butter
3) Whisk butter in a mixing bowl with sugar until fluffy.
4) Beat in eggs slowly. If the mixture begins to seperate, add more flour.
5) Melt chocolate! Break the chocolate into small pieces & place in a bowl. Boil a pan of water to place the bowl of chocolate in. Stir until completely melted.
6) Add the chocolate to the mixture once cooled and stir in.
7) Add remaining flour to the mix and stir till smooth.
8) Finely chop the chillies and add them to the mix.
9) Pour cake mixt into the cake tin.
10) Bake for just around 1hr 20mins hours or till fully cooked. Check with a knife; if clean, it's done.
11) Cool the cake briefly before taking out of the tin. Leave to cool for another 10 minutes on a wire rack.
12) Melt the chocolate for the topping and mix in the cream. Cool until thick. Now ice!
Submitted Monday 17th September 2012
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
250 grams softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
400 grams dark chocolate (chopped)
Dried chillies (heat & quantity according to taste)
1/4 cup water
3 fresh red birds-eye chillies, finely chopped
First, make the candied chillies. Stir 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in small saucepan over heat until sugar dissolves. Add chillies, boil for 2 minutes, cool and strain, discard syrup.
To make the cookies, preheat the oven to 180C. Cover some oven trays with baking paper. Beat the butter, vanilla, remaining sugars and egg in a bowl until they are light and fluffy. Add the sifted flour, cocoa, bicarbonated soda, chilli and chocolate.
Roll dough into balls and place well spaced on the oven trays, allowing for expansion. Bake 10-15 minutes each batch, leave to cool on trays.
This recipe makes up to 50 cookies. Enjoy!
Submitted Sunday 01st July 2012
4 Bhut Jolokia peppers, with seeds, chopped finely (redder ones are hotter!)
4 cayenne peppers, chopped finely
8 cloves of garlic, crushed
0.5 cup onion, minced
1tbsp vegetable oil
0.75 tsp salt
1.5 cup water
0.25 cup cider vinegar
3tbsp white sugar
1cm minced ginger
Juice of 1 lime and zest
700g Feijoas, peeled and diced
Fry off oil, peppers, garlic, ginger, lime zest, peppercorns, onion and salt for 10mins. Add water and Fejoas, then simmer for 20mins, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and cool. Blend and then add vinegar, sugar and lime juice. Bottle in sterilised bottles.
Submitted Monday 04th June 2012
Chilli-Based Recipes: Submit Your Favourite!
To submit a chilli-based recipe, please enter your details in the form below.
All fields are required to be filled in.