Recipes: Chili & Chocolate Cake
300g Caster Sugar
100g Plain Flour
100g Self-Raising Flour
4 Free-Range Eggs
300g Dark Chocolate
3 Fresh Red Chillies
For the Topping:
200g Dark Chocolate
200ml Double Cream
1) Heat your fan oven to 140C
2) Grease a 20cm cake tin with butter
3) Whisk butter in a mixing bowl with sugar until fluffy.
4) Beat in eggs slowly. If the mixture begins to seperate, add more flour.
5) Melt chocolate! Break the chocolate into small pieces & place in a bowl. Boil a pan of water to place the bowl of chocolate in. Stir until completely melted.
6) Add the chocolate to the mixture once cooled and stir in.
7) Add remaining flour to the mix and stir till smooth.
8) Finely chop the chillies and add them to the mix.
9) Pour cake mixt into the cake tin.
10) Bake for just around 1hr 20mins hours or till fully cooked. Check with a knife; if clean, it's done.
11) Cool the cake briefly before taking out of the tin. Leave to cool for another 10 minutes on a wire rack.
12) Melt the chocolate for the topping and mix in the cream. Cool until thick. Now ice!
Monday 17th of September 2012